[WEB4LIB] Re: Nomination webpage

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Fri Oct 18 11:57:24 EDT 2002

Bill, good for you to tackle a big project--welcome to librarianship.
Web4Lib is a great list for asking questions.

If after examining the technologies, this project ends up seeming
over-ambitious, don't give up on the possibility of using private
blogging or other tools to accomplish something similar.

I second Joyce's comments about encouraging an environment of
collegiality.  Quite often we don't know what is possible if we don't
ask the question.  If you were taking SJSU's 287 next spring, which I
will be teaching, you would get a kudo for taking the initiative to post
a reasonable query to an appropriate list.  And keep your chin up--don't
get discouraged by the occasional raspberry.

Karen G. Schneider kgs at lii.org  http://lii.org
Director,    Librarians' Index to the Internet
lii.org  New This Week:     http://lii.org/ntw
      lii.org: Information You Can Trust!