Following standards

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Wed Oct 30 14:41:07 EST 2002

<snip>
> So, you have alot of
> older hardware out there that cannot support the better OS to run better
> browsers.
<snip>
> If you require all developers to meet those standards you may effectively
> prevent those institutions from participating in the info exchange. In
> fact, those institutions must develop their web resources to match their
> technical infrastructure.

I'd like to hear an example in which a current Web design standard (XHTML,
CSS, etc.) when used, is not functional on your old system so as to prevent
usage of said recourse. (Please keep in mind I've asked 'functional' not 'I
want it to look exactly the same on everything' which is an impossible goal
no matter what.)

Michael Sauers, Librarian, Trainer & Author
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: 303-751-6277 x124 :: msauers at bcr.org
http://www.bcr.org/~msauers
a:visited {display: none}

"Make what your heart instructs, and don't let
anyone persuade you to compromise with your own
truth."  --Clive Barker
                       _
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
 - against HTML email  X