Hard hyphen and HTML validation

Stacy Pober stacy.pober at manhattan.edu
Tue Oct 29 18:05:56 EST 2002

Has anyone found an HTML equivalent of the 'hard hyphen' i.e. a
non-breaking dash?   I tried using the character code for the dash,
but the word still 'broke' in Internet Explorer if the line length
happened to be just right.

I know that the <nobr></nobr> Nobreak codes work, but they cause
validation errors for HTML 4.01.

OTOH, I probably shouldn't worry too much about those validation
errors.  I have come to the realization that some of our pages
will *always* produce coding errors because of ampersands or
other unusual characters that are a part of some of our database
URL's.

--
Stacy Pober
Information Alchemist