touch screens for info. kiosk

Oberg, Steve STOBERG at TAYLORU.EDU
Tue Oct 29 09:56:14 EST 2002

Everyone,

I'd appreciate advice on where to look when considering the purchase of a touch-sensitive screen, preferably a flat panel monitor.  Also, any advice on software or configuration would be great to hear about, too.

We are considering the possibility of providing an information kiosk next to or on our reference desk that would provide basic information to users such as interactive floor maps, library hours, a rolling "what's new"/announcements portion, etc.   In addition, we are thinking that this setup might have another purpose, and that is, to serve as a stand-up, networked workstation for our librarians to use when providing guidance to users.  (This would be in addition to a regular desktop PC that we already have at the reference desk.)

I've searched the archives and found several requests for similar information, but no answers that I can see.  Your help would be appreciated.

Steve