[WEB4LIB] Can IE 6.0 and Mozilla 1.0 access local files?

Jodi Thomson jodi at waikato.ac.nz
Thu Oct 10 23:27:08 EDT 2002

Have you modified the MIME types in IE6 and Mozilla so that the browsers
know what to do with the files?
For Mozilla choose Edit->Preferences->Navigator->Helper Applications
For IE 6 you will need to modify File Types using Windows Explorer
Tools->Options

Mozilla 1.2a has also been released which is rather more stable than 1.0

Regards
Jodi
Jodi W. Anderson, Mr (A+, MCP) - Computer Systems Consultant
Waikato University Library - Computing Operations Group
Ph: +64 7 838 4323
email: jodi at waikato.ac.nz

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've
forgotten this before."

file://C:\Program Files\lceasy\LCEASY.exe
or
file:///c:\batch/nyt.pif

I wonder if anyone knows anyway to modify the links to work with these
new browsers.

Thank you in advance.

Kim Lim
Skyline College