[WEB4LIB] re.: Preferred public email accounts

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Oct 8 09:01:41 EDT 2002

At 08:56 AM 10/8/2002, David Hook wrote:

> I'd be
>
>Try using Mozilla as a Browser - you can turn off images completely, or
>just turn off those that do not originate from the same server as the page
>(as most banner ads do)

Mozilla also has the option to have animated GIFs loop as often as the
image wants, one time only, or not at all.  Ah, the things browser writers
think up when they don't work for one of the top commercial ISPs.

Now they just need a way to manage which sites can call which plug-ins
(namely, Flash).

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu