[WEB4LIB] Old American Memory Project Link no longer working

Robert Sullivan rsullivan at sals.edu
Mon Oct 7 21:03:30 EDT 2002

> http://memory.loc.gov/
>
> And while we're on the subject, do any of you include it among your
> databases?

We include it on what we loosely refer to as our database page, which
began as subscription databases and local catalogs and expanded to
include other resources we felt were worth promoting to our patrons
without forcing them to compete for the full-service Internet PCs.

These other resources include some of local interest (history and
genealogy, property assessments) and some which serve a wider range -
tax forms, FAFSA, New York legislative information and Department of
Labor job listings, etc.

We use a proxy server with an "allowed" list to prevent these dedicated
PCs from becoming surfing stations.

Bob Sullivan  <rsullivan at sals.edu>
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)  <http://www.scpl.org/>
Schenectady Digital History Archive