[WEB4LIB] FW: RE: Preferred public email accounts

Keith Higgs dkh2 at po.cwru.edu
Fri Oct 4 15:00:27 EDT 2002

Here's the short list on how I keep the Yahoo spam so low.

1) I don't give that address out. I have a couple of people who know it
from one of my past lives but it's mostly there because I take advantage
of a couple of other things on Yahoo.  For one thing that's how I access
my contacts list when I'm away from my desk.

2) I don't subscribe any mailing lists through that account.  99.99% of
my listserv activity is work related so it goes through my @po.cwru
account.

3) I've been fairly religeous about telling the folks at Yahoo what is
spam, in addition to blocking offending addresses as stuff comes
through.

My yahoo account really is just a convenience account so I don't put
things through my work account when they really don't belong there.

D. Keith Higgs <mailto:dkh2 at po.cwru.edu>
 Case Western Reserve University, Webmaster - University Library
 Additional Information at http://www.cwru.edu/UL/
"Follow the white rabbit."