[WEB4LIB] MS Patch question

Brad Thomas bradzo at ozemail.com.au
Thu Nov 21 19:06:20 EST 2002

Andrew

As you can see from the manifest, the files contain a numeral at the end
that relates to the version of MDAC that needs to be patched. 21 stands for
MDAC 2.1, 26 for MDAC 2.5 and 26 for MDAC 2.6

The file is copied to the target system with the filename less the numeral
portion ie Msadce25.dll becomes simply Msadce.dll on an MDAC 2.5 system
(which mine is) - however, the version numbers and dates on my system do
match what is listed in the manifest.

I guess MS did it this way because their self extracting patch exe probably
does not cope with duplicate filenames (one for each version), hence the
file numbering aspect.

Hope this helps!

Brad