[WEB4LIB] Re: Opera 7.0b1 released

Raymond Wood raywood at magma.ca
Wed Nov 13 15:01:37 EST 2002

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 10:06:54AM -0800, Charlie Irwin remarked:
> As the late Robert Heinlein used to say: TANSTAAFL.
> (Translation: There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.) I
> figure if you use it for under a month, it's a trial. After
> that, it's a useful tool and you probably owe the
> author/vendor their fee. (Or the equivalent - screen space for
> the advertisers...)
>
> Charlie Irwin

This reply is probably outside your original context, but yes
there is a free lunch -- it's called Mozilla.

In fact, if Mozilla is a free lunch, then GNU/Linux is more like
a free 24/7 banquet.  At last count in the Debian GNU/Linux
development tree there are 10,656 recorded pieces of free
software available.

Trust me on this - there *is* free lunch :)

Cheers,
Raymond