[WEB4LIB] Opera 7.0b1 released

Raymond Wood raywood at magma.ca
Wed Nov 13 09:39:52 EST 2002

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 06:28:57AM -0800, Thomas Dowling remarked:
> Opera <http://www.opera.com/> has released the first public
> beta of Opera 7.0.  This version includes a total rewrite of
> their HTML rendering engine, substantially improved DOM
> support, and support for HTML LINK elements comparable to
> Mozilla's site navigation bar.
>
> At least for me, 7.0b1 comes up in ad-sponsored mode.  I
> believe it will [eventually?] be a free upgrade for anyone who
> bought 6.0 new; those who bought 5.0 and upgraded to 6.0 will
> need to pony up again or live with the ads.

<RIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG ... RIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGG ...>

*Anything* (even M$?) is better than supporting the cursed
adware concept.  Think of these little ads as roaches that
scitter and scatter about the page while you try to get real
work done.  Would you want roaches in your kitchen while you
were cooking?

Oh no! Gawd they're everywhere ... aghhh, nooooooooooooooooo....

<RIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG -- Time to Wake Up Raymond! C'mon,
out of bed lazy-bones...>

> Thomas Dowling
> OhioLINK - Ohio Library and Information Network
> tdowling at ohiolink.edu

(Was it just a bad dream?)
Raymond