No subject

Ruth Harrison Ruth.Harrison at sll.state.tx.us
Tue Nov 5 13:35:45 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm evaluating the possibility of providing remote access to some of our
databases and creating a database driven web site or intranet. I don't
understand the hardware requirements. My question is this. If we decided
to do both of these, how many physical servers are we talking about? Are
these things that can be run from one box? Can I successfully add these
technologies to an existing server?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

Currently we have the three servers below.

File Server -

	Compaq 3000, dual PIII-500, 2gb RAM, Windows 2000 Server, SP3,
6x18gb drives (2x18 RAID1 OS, 4x18 RAID5 data).

Web server-
	Compaq 3000, PIII-500, IIS 5.0, Windows 2000 Advanced server
	We are part of a WAN. The webserver is shared with several
agencies. The state agency that maintains the webserver will not allow
us to do anything to this server.

Cdrom server-
	PII-350, 128 mb RAM, Windows NT4 server,SP, 2x9gb drives

Ruth Harrison
Texas State Law Library
P O Box 12367
Austin TX 78711-2367