Internet classes

Arranaga, Therese TMArranaga at ocpl.org
Wed Nov 27 12:30:52 EST 2002

	One branch I worked at used a volunteer to teach a basic Internet
class.  He was there from 1 - 4 every Wednesday.  We took reservations for 3
users at a time, one hour each.  The volunteer taught the small group
whatever they wanted to learn and many people came back every Wednesday to
talk with him or learn something different.  The sessions were almost always
filled and the instructor and students really liked the arrangement.
	I'm trying that same arrangement now.  We offer a basic Internet
tutoring session one hour before we open, one day a week.  We also get many
requests for Internet class, but only one or two people at a time show up
for the instruction.  But this arrangement works for me.  If no one shows
up, I just go about my business.  When I have students, I can offer
intensive one on one assistance with whatever their interest is.