Quicktime on Win98, 2K, XP

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Mon Nov 18 15:45:46 EST 2002

We've been considering installing QuickTime on machines with the
above-referenced operating systems so that users can view TIFF files
from the US Patent Office.  It apparently installs some ActiveX
controls that conflict with our security settings on browsers.

Since we're not expert on ActiveX stuff, but have heard various horror
stories, we'd be interested in learning about how any of you who
already have TIFF viewers on public machines evaluate the pros and
cons of Alternatiff, QT, and others for such purpose.

Please limit replies to those who run Win98, 2K, and/or XP in public
environments.  No need to tell me about *ix, Mac, and other stuff,
since they're totally irrelevant to my environment.

thanks

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115  USA