accessible computer workstation

Webmaster, Lansing Public Library webmaster at lansing.lib.il.us
Mon Nov 18 10:40:00 EST 2002

Hello all,

We're in the process of doing some preliminary research, and grant writing to purchase a computer to assist our visually impaired patrons.

We're planning on providing access to our catalog, word processing and the internet on our workstation.

We'd appreciate feedback, and experiences (good & bad!) you've had with specific softwares.

Which types of hardware do you use at your library on the accessible workstation? (i.e. text-to-speech scanner, Braille printer, etc.)

What would you do differently if you got the chance to build your dream workstation?

Thanks!

Kelli Staley, Webmaster
Lansing Public Library
2750 Indiana Ave