[WEB4LIB] A Few Search Engine Stats, "What People Look At"

Nancy Sosna Bohm plum at ulink.net
Sun Nov 17 15:57:28 EST 2002

This part doesn't seem accurate:
"...Only 7.5 percent of Internet users said they refined their search with
additional keywords in cases where they were unable to achieve satisfactory
results."
Maybe the users were actually asked if they "refined their search with
additional keywords" rather than having their search stratedgies observed?
Granted, I often observe patrons who don't get good results adding keywords
that give worse results, but usually they do try a few variations.