[WEB4LIB] Re: seeking a browser or software that will display

Chris Gray cpgray at library.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Nov 4 09:34:41 EST 2002

You can also get started with telnet.  Just type "telnet
host.name.with.dots 80" (80 is the default HTTP port, different from the
telnet default of 23) and after the prompts type the request you want to
send followed by a blank line, like so:

% telnet www.cnn.com 80
Trying 64.236.24.4...
Connected to cnn.com.