[WEB4LIB] Re: What's next after HTML?

Nancy Sosna Bohm plum at ulink.net
Wed Nov 20 12:44:51 EST 2002

on 11/20/02 11:00 AM, Thomas Dowling at tdowling at ohiolink.edu wrote:
> ...Supporting Netscape 4 does not necessarily require a contortionist act to
> make the site look exactly the same on NS4 as on up to date browsers....

The problem here was that my supervisor proofs all pages on Netscape on a
Mac, but the Reference area computers are all Netscape on PC.
Fonts in Netscape on a Mac are rendered smaller than fonts in IE on a Mac
(or on a PC), whereas fonts in Netscape on PC are rendered larger than in IE
on a PC or a Mac.
I wrote a JavaScript to serve different styles to different browsers on
different platforms, but it didn't work well.
But I haven't given up entirely, and I still covet any insights.
Oh, and we have a Mac server.