[WEB4LIB] neustar.us and lib.ny.us

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Sat Nov 9 02:25:41 EST 2002

I agree that stuff like this shouldn't happen.  However, between the
greater visibility of .org or similar TLD designations and the low
cost of such registration, it would seem preferable for you to just
bite the bullet and make the change.  Personally, I'd choose one of
the registrars that has been around a while, even if you can save a few
bucks a year from one of the new guys.  I say this based on personal
experience with both types.  With a new registrar I faced many of the
same types of problems that you describe.  Your time, and mine, are
worth much more than an extra ten or 35 bucks a year, even for a poor
and underfunded library.

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA