[WEB4LIB] Oddball Netscape 4 header

James Cayz cayz at lib.de.us
Thu May 9 12:08:24 EDT 2002

Thomas,

Anonymizers and Proxies can (and often do) change the referring URL to
odd strings, like [unknown origin].  So a website operator not only
doesn't get a valid IP address, but also no information about where the
user just was.

Oh, WRT specs - I don't think anyone listens to specs anymore :-(

James

| James Cayz          Telecommunications / Network Technologist I          |
| Email:cayz at lib.de.us     Voice:302-739-4748 x130      Fax:302-739-6787   |
| Delaware Division of Libraries # 43 S. DuPont Hwy / Dover, DE 19901-7430 |