[WEB4LIB] RE: The word "listserv" copyrighted?

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Sat May 25 01:18:43 EDT 2002

Friday, May 24, 2002, 3:48:59 PM, you wrote:

BD> Anyone may do the paperwork to register a trademark. Unless they take the steps to
BD> defend that trademark it may be lost to them. I guess it depends on how one would define
BD> vigorously and how one would define may.

Yes, and that definition and the results of the decision on the
definition is something for a court to decide.  If you want to be the
one to fight that fight, go right ahead.  I'm sure that the LSoft
folks have better lawyers and deeper pockets than any of us as
individuals.  Of course I can't imagine why anyone would want to fight
the fight, except as an academic exercise.

The easiest and best thing to do is to do that which is right.  I
assume you respect private property of other sorts, and wouldn't drive
my car away without permission, even if I left the keys in the
ignition and the car unlocked.  Why not do the same with the LSoft
folks and their intellectual property?

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA