google answers

Tomaiuolo, Nicholas (Library) TomaiuoloN at mail.ccsu.edu
Wed May 22 22:10:52 EDT 2002

Dear list --
Concerning Google Answers: I have been looking, off and on, at the questions
that are asked since the service became available.  First: for such an
omnipotent a service as Google, they are getting relatively few questions.
Second, if you'll notice, not many questions are getting a "lock" meaning
that no one has actually "claimed them" to answer them for the fee.  Third,
many of the questions have multiple "comments" made on them -- sometimes up
to a dozen, and the question has been answered by someone offering a comment
rather than an actual Google "researcher" for the fee.  I don't see the
service amounting to much, at least as it stands.  Again, because there
hasn't been a preponderance of queries and, secondly because the question is
answered for all intents and purposes, in many cases, without anyone
claiming the fee.  Has anyone else noticed this??
Nick Tomaiuolo
Central CT State University