[WEB4LIB] Netscape 7

Catherine Buck Morgan catherine at leo.scsl.state.sc.us
Wed May 22 12:53:46 EDT 2002

I've loaded Netscape 6 on a few machines.... and the experience has not
been pleasant. It destroys address books, esp. the groups. It doesn't
interpret javascript well... scripts that ran well on 4.79 and IE (all
versions), don't execute properly in Netscape 6, 6.2, etc.

I do have Netscape 6.2 running in our training lab. I did a custom load,
for browser only, no AOL, no mail, etc., and for the most part, it does
just okay. Our trainers quickly and unanimously decided to use IE for
most of the training, however.

--Catherine.

--
Catherine Buck Morgan
Automation Librarian
EMAIL: catherine at leo.scsl.state.sc.us
Phone: 803.734.8651 Fax 803.734.4757
Home page: http://www.state.sc.us/scsl/
Web catalog: http://www.state.sc.us/scsl/scslweb/welcome.html

The opinions stated herein are not necessarily those of SCSL.