[WEB4LIB] Imaging Software question

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Wed May 22 09:26:30 EDT 2002

I've only used the ImageCenter component of DeployCenter. It's the replacement
for DriveImage Pro. I used it to create and deploy about a half-dozen different
images for a Windows2000 deployment for online OPACs and public Internet
computers.. Once I worked out a couple of detail issues, I found it very easy to
use and it was very quick in creating and copying images.

It was well worth the money in terms of time saved in deploying these new
computers. Plus, the ease of use and the availabity of the images ensures that
other IS staff can rebuild these computers when I'm not available. It has a ton
of other tools but I haven't had a chance to work with those yet so I can't
comment on their utility.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library