[WEB4LIB] "search our site" stats

Avi Rappoport avi-list at searchtools.com
Wed May 1 18:48:48 EDT 2002

It makes a lot of sense to me, most end-users have a hard time
articulating the kind of search they want to do.  Amazon has gotten a
lot of praise for having a simple search field that distributing
queries to multiple backend search engines and databases.

You could do this with Z39.50, Muse Global, or Harvest-style systems,
metasearch middleware systems, or just write a script that sends the
queries and displays the results.

I have some slides from a talk on P2P, metasearch and distributed search at
   <http://www.searchtools.com/info/slides/searchengines2002/>

Someday, I'll get the article finished as well.

Best of luck,

Avi

--
Complete Guide to Search Engines for Web Sites and Intranets
    <http://www.searchtools.com>