[WEB4LIB] RE: FBI to monitor libraries

Duimovich, George gduimovi at NRCan.gc.ca
Fri May 31 11:57:55 EDT 2002

>>You live in another country, one I might add which values order over
>>liberty and does not provide the federal protections of the United
>>States.  So why are you carrying on about the FBI

I simply provided a reference to an important review relevant to the thread
topic. That I am Canadian is irrelevant, as is your comment on Canada
valueing "..order over liberty.." since the news item and topic being
discussed concerns your country not ours...

As for a Canadian commenting, it should be noted that we are in fact deeply
influenced by what happens in the U.S. and any legislative program
implemented in the U.S. will be closely watched (and possibly copied
here...) Further, the FBI works closely with Canadian counterparts, and the
implications should be obvious.

As for "carrying on about the FBI" -- my sarcastic editorial about carnivore
was partly in fun, but you can't be serious about any offence implied or
intended. Without exploding into another thread (which I have no desire to
expand upon), the whole history of both our national police forces is
repleat with deeply disturbing periods/cases of politized actions and
programs... Sarcasm justified..