[WEB4LIB] Promoting a 'New' Library Website?

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Fri May 17 18:38:10 EDT 2002

If the website is new, why should it need familiarization for the
users?  Wasn't the idea to make it so usable that "any idiot" can deal
with it?

Certainly announce it when it is up in the new version.  You may pick
up a few users out of curiosity, and a few who gave up on it in the
old format.  But I'm not a believer in announcing what is going to
happen in the future.  There are too many risks.  There is always the
possibility of "vaporware" or a "delay in release" of the new version.
Better to announce a new product when it is there.

Note that in the above I'm talking about a library service, not
releasing a new product for CocaCola.

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA