[WEB4LIB] Journal Lists

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Fri May 17 17:41:42 EDT 2002

Boise State uses TDNet.  We call it TDNet, since that is what it is.
We considered a variety of other goofy names and quickly decided not
to call it anything else.  Our catalog is called "Catalyst" (was so
named back in 1990 when it started) and that is a never ending source
of confusion.  On our homepage at http://library.boisestate.edu you'll
see that the links to the two entities are "Books and Media Catalog
(Catalyst)"  and  "Journals Catalog".  The respective URLs are
http://catalyst.boisestate.edu and http://tdnet.boisestate.edu   Our
TDNet includes ALL journals in all formats, both individually
subscribed to and in licensed aggregator databases.  The individual
titles are in the main catalog, but not the aggregator titles.  Thus,
TDNet is a complete catalog of all journals.

Good luck with your decision.  Whatever you do, I can assure you that
there will be a number who won't like it and will, of course, have a
handful of "better options".

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA