Automated testing applications such as Silk from Segue?

Michael Piper aj0386 at wayne.edu
Thu May 16 18:48:06 EDT 2002

Dear colleagues,

DALNET, the Detroit Area Library Network, provides a centrally hosted
integrated library system for 22 members in southeast Michigan. We're
investigating the feasibility of automating our testing regime for new
versions of the ILS software, to speed our ability to implement upgrades,
and to provide better member service.

We are looking at automated testing applications such as Segue’s Silk
offering (http://www.segue.com/). Are any of you familiar with this product,
or can you recommend comparable packages that have worked well for you?

Please accept my thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer, along
with apologies for duplicates of this cross-posted message.

Michael Piper, Director
Detroit Area Library Network
Science and Engineering Library - Sixth Floor
Wayne State University
Detroit MI 48202
mcpiper at wayne.edu
313/577-4984