[WEB4LIB] RE: Mouse problems

Edward Spodick, HKUST Library, 2358-6743 lbspodic at ust.hk
Wed May 8 23:04:18 EDT 2002

At 6:53 PM -0700 5/8/02 [their time], Nancy Sosna Bohm wrote:
>The optical mouse on our new IMac at the Reference desk is clamped (by the
>tail/cable) to a lock, along with the other cords to prevent theft.

We do the same, along with the super glue trick.  Conversion to optical is occurring gradually.  Years ago, we even puchased a stock of spare balls.

>BTW, I loved the query as to whether the mouse had a higher squeek after
>losing its ball. Ironically, our new photocopier developed a squeek today.

You might want to look at an old joke IBM memo from 1991:
http://www.langston.com/Fun_People/1991/1991AAL.html
:)

-Spode

- - - - -
Edward F Spodick, Information Technology Manager
Hong Kong University of Science & Technology Library
lbspodic at ust.hk  tel:852-2358-6743 fax:852-2358-1043