satellite internet access

mdurham at wbu.edu mdurham at wbu.edu
Fri Mar 1 00:28:10 EST 2002

I am trying to track down any information I would need for putting
together Internet access by way of a satellite link connection.  I've
looked through the archives here and poked around a bit on the web, but I
really don't know where to begin.  Wayland is looking at setting up a
joint program with Kenya Baptist Theological College Kenya at the
Brakenhurst Centre (about 25 miles from downtown Nairobi).  I think that
key component is going to be Internet access, but out there, access is
somewhat slow and not always reliable, so my thought is that a satellite
link is our best bet.

I need to track down info on whatever is related to setting something
like this up: equipment needed, service providers, set-up costs, expected
outcomes etc.

Can anyone offer me any input here?

Mark Durham                    Ph. (800) 459-8648
Distance Services Librarian    Ph. (806) 291-3701
Wayland Baptist University     Fax (806) 291-1964
1900 W. 7th St.                http://www.wbu.edu/lrc
Plainview, TX 79072            mdurham at mail.wbu.edu

This message sent using EMUmail -- http://www.emumail.com

Jumping through hoops to get E-mail on the road?
You've got two choices: Join the circus, or use MollyMail.

Molly Mail -- http://www.mollymail.com