[WEB4LIB] Internet Explore in Kiosk mode

Andrew I. Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Mon Mar 25 16:18:25 EST 2002

IE's Kiosk mode is useful when you want strict security and the web sites
you are using provide their own navigational interface. However, those
using Kiosk mode should also be aware of some known issues:

CTRL+N Starts New Instance of Internet Explorer When in Kiosk Mode

"When you press CTRL+N while you are operating Internet Explorer in kiosk
mode, a new instance of Internet Explorer starts, but it is not in kiosk
mode."

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q258864

Here's the MS KB article on Kiosk mode:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q154780