(Usability testing)

Eric Lease Morgan emorgan at nd.edu
Mon Mar 25 07:08:10 EST 2002

Thomas McCoy wrote:

> This library will be conducting Usability tests on our Web site.  I know most
> of the basics on how to conduct these tests, but I call upon the wisdom of the
> WEB4LIB... to see if anyone has tips or tricks that they've discovered in
> conducting their own tests.

There is a lot about usability testing in my most recent travel log
documenting my experiences at the 3rd Annual Information Architecture
Summit:

  http://dewey.library.nd.edu/travel/ia-2002/

For me, the conference confirmed that usability isn't rocket science, and it
does not require a room full of hardware to do correctly, but it is the
cornerstone of user-centered design.

--
Eric Lease Morgan
Head, Digital Access and Information Architecture Department

(574) 631-8604