[WEB4LIB] Video for Web

Rachel Singer Gordon rsinger at linc.lib.il.us
Mon Mar 4 23:47:35 EST 2002

Well, we set our video digitizing system up about a year ago, so
might go with FireWire now (I haven't researched the pros and cons
more recently), but are currently using an ATI All-In-Wonder card for
video capture. It came with capture software that is sufficient for
our purposes, and we bought Terran Media Cleaner EZ software to do
the compression.

Right now we're just posting short, low quality clips on our site,
since most of our audience is on dialup. (I'm going to soon start
posting alternatives for higher-bandwidth users, though.) We're also
burning some video to CD-ROM, and will likely invest in some video
editing software and possibly the pro version of Media Cleaner once
we purchase a DVD burner (next fiscal year?).

- Rachel