Clean Slate weirdness

Susan Sloan ssloan at bocalibrary.org
Fri Jun 21 13:47:15 EDT 2002

I am trying to configure some Windows 2000 PCs for a word processing lab
using Clean Slate and the following elements:

MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Online catalog (Dynix)
Public Web Browser
WinWay Resume
HP LaserJet 1200 printer
epixtech's PAC for Windows as the desktop/shell

I created a user in W2k and installed all of the elements as part of the
Admin Group, then moved that user into the Users Group. The first couple
of times I tried to print in Word and Excel, all was fine. After two or
three tests, Word and Excel no longer recognized the printer, yet
PowerPoint and the other applications print every time! If I put the
user back into the Admin Group and logged back in as that user, still
the same printing problems. If I disable Clean Slate, the problems
remain, yet if I uninstall Clean Slate, everything works as it should. I
have tried allowing both of the entire HP and Dynix folders as exempt
applications in Clean Slate, but still no go. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Susan Sloan
Boca Raton Public Library
Boca Raton, Florida