[WEB4LIB] Making the Invisible Web more Visible

Avi Rappoport avi-list at searchtools.com
Fri Jun 7 19:37:39 EDT 2002

The place to start is the Open Archives Initiative,
<http://www.openarchives.org>.

The major search engines tend to be iffy about metadata because they
can't trust many of their sources -- too much spamming and scamming.
Cliff Lynch has written some good stuff about trust and credibility,
but it's not a trivial problem.

Avi

--
Complete Guide to Search Engines for Web Sites and Intranets
    <http://www.searchtools.com>