EngNetBase speed and utility?

Stacy Pober stacy.pober at manhattan.edu
Fri Jun 7 14:35:36 EDT 2002

We're considering getting one of the EngNetBase databases of engineering
reference works from CRC Press.

Problem is, everytime I go to the site, each page take between 15 and 30
seconds to load. This is painfully slow in web terms.

Does anyone on the list have EngNetBase?  Are you having response time
problems?  When I asked the salesperson, he assured me that the problem must
be on our end - but when only ONE site loads slowly during a session, I tend
to suspect it's either a problem with the page itself (large graphics or
overall size) or with response time on their server.

Stacy Pober
Information Alchemist
Manhattan College Libraries
stacy.pober at manhattan.edu