[WEB4LIB] RE: Advice on Linux

Raymond Wood raywood at magma.ca
Tue Jun 4 21:32:41 EDT 2002

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 03:20:48PM -0700, Thomas Bennett imagined:
> Realize also, as already mentioned, sometimes others make
> decisions you have to enforce.  For instance our library
> decided to purchased ILLiad (Inter Library Loan Server) so now
> I have to support NT/IIS/MSQL7 because this is a proprietary
> package(and with the problems I've had with it I refer to it
> as the IDIot server).  On the other hand I run the library web
> server on a Digital Alpha NT with Apache formerly Netscape
> Enterprise, but am most pleased with my Linux/Apache and
> Linux/Zope.  I am looking forward to putting Linux on the
> Alpha even if RH version 5.2 is the last supported Redhat
> release for the Alpha 2100A.

I *think* that Debian GNU/Linux still supports the Alpha
platform.  See http://www.debian.org/ for more info...

Cheers,
Raymond
--
"You deserve to be able to cooperate openly and freely with other
people who use software.  You deserve free software."