[WEB4LIB] RE: Advice on Linux

Andrew I. Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Tue Jun 4 12:12:27 EDT 2002

Josh

I would guess that a lot of those Gates sites are not, knowingly, using
their NT servers to host web sites. I could be wrong but unless IIS is
running by default on those boxes, they probably aren't a big part of the
equation. With NT 4, at least, you have to actively install the Option
Pack to get IIS up and running. That's probably not a step most Gates
recipients would take.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library