[WEB4LIB] RE: Advice on Linux

Duimovich, George gduimovi at NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Jun 4 10:50:21 EDT 2002

>And yet, mind-bogglingly*, the percentage of libraries running their web
>sites on Win32/IIS continues to climb.

Interesting. I wonder if there would be any difference in this figure
associated with libraries relying upon "in-house" IT teams vs. those with IT
services external to the library (or contracted out). The WIN platform
certainly has lots of momentum, and my guess is that some part of this
growth is simply conformity with the trend. I know many libraries just can't
keep an IT team running, so they typically / reluctantly rely upon the
services of the departmental or company IT team, rather than one specialized
for their own system needs...