[WEB4LIB] Re: drop-down menu query

Johan_Ragetli at kpr.edu.on.ca Johan_Ragetli at kpr.edu.on.ca
Thu Jul 11 14:53:15 EDT 2002

As we are on the topic of drop down menus I have a question I hope one of
you may be able to answer for me.

I need to create a header--actually several-- to sit on top of our union
catalogue which is shared by a number of school libraries and a public
library.  Needless to say each location would like to have its own
presence.

In my first draft I have been using frames to accomplish this.  The problem
is establishing the target for the links in the header portion.   I would
like the links in the header to open in a full window or a new window but
not in the main frame or the header.  I can do this by setting the base
target to blank or top in page properties.  But it doesn't work for any of
the links in the drop-down menu I have included.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this--frames or not--would be greatly
appreciated.  Is there a way to include a defined target in the form
itself, for example?

Server=NT
Header=
http://www.kpr.edu.on.ca/BoardInfo/Services/Educ/LRC/test/lrc_header.htm
Frames page=http://www.kpr.edu.on.ca/BoardInfo/Services/Educ/LRC/test/ipac.htm

Johan Ragetli, Library Information Analyst
Kawartha Pine Ridge DSB
Peterborough, ON Canada

Thomas Dowling <tdowling at ohiolink.edu>@webjunction.org on 07/11/2002
09:38:50 AM