The totally blind

Jeff Beaird Jeff.W.Beaird at wheaton.edu
Wed Jul 3 15:56:42 EDT 2002

We are using JAWS with PWB v. 1.x, and have had no problems at all.  We
do have a scanner attached for use with JAWS, but it is just a few feet
away from a scanner designated for more general use, so we don't get
requests to use this one for non-adaptive purposes.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you how well it's working for the blind
because, to my knowledge, it's never been used by a blind person.  We
have one student on campus who has limited vision, and she prefers doing
things from her own computer (as I would, too, if I were her).

If you have further questions, please contact me.
--
Jeff Beaird
Buswell Memorial Library