Stuttering Foundation program links to Library websites

Scott Furciniti sfurciniti at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 12:18:17 EDT 2002

Please excuse the cross-posting.  I thought everybody
should have a shot at this.

The Stuttering Foundation of America is starting a
reciprocal link program with libraries that have its
materials in their collections.

I was doing some browsing one day and found the
Stuttering Foundation of America's website
(http://www.stutterhelp.org).  I found that their site
already includes tables that contain the names and
addresses of libraries that carry SFA's materials and
lists which materials each library carries.

A light went on in my head.  If they already list our
name, maybe they'll provide a hyperlink to our
website.  That way, people could browse from SFA's
website to ours, and find SFA materials in our online
catalog.  This will not only help people who need SFA
materials, but will help boost our Library's website
standing on search engines that use hyperlinks from
other sites as part of their ranking criteria.

I then thought it might behoove us to list SFA on the
links page of our Library's website.  This may help
our patrons find helpful information beyond what our
Library offers, and it gives SFA more of an incentive
to provide a link to us.

I contacted Jane Fraser, President of Stuttering
Foundation of America about my idea. She was very
receptive. They immediately began adding whatever
library e-mail addresses they had in their database to
their html tables on the SFA website.

Today I received an e-mail from Ms. Fraser.
Stuttering Foundation of America has now added a link
from their website to
http://www.roswellpubliclibrary.org.  This link
appears on their site at
http://www.stutterhelp.org/library/ref_nm.htm.

Stuttering Foundation of America is willing, ready,
and able to add a hyperlink for any library that
carries their materials and is willing to provide a
link back to their site.

Any libraries interested in participating in this
reciprocal link program should contact Jane Fraser by
e-mail at STUTTERSFA at AOL.COM

Even if you decide not to participate in the program,
the www.stutterhelp.org website is worth a visit.

Best regards,

=====
Scott Furciniti, Systems Administrator
Roswell Public Library
301 N. Pennsylvania Ave./Roswell, NM 88201
(505)622-3400
www.roswellpubliclibrary.org
Check us out! We've got something for you!