[WEB4LIB] Re: style switcher

Kevin W. Bishop bishopk at rpi.edu
Wed Jul 17 17:42:08 EDT 2002

Personally, I don't see any good purpose in trying to exert such
heavy-handed control over font size.  But, like fonts, purposes can come in
all shapes and sizes.  (For better or for worse.)

Part of Nancy's problem might lie in the fact that she was using keywords
to determine font size*, where percentages or ems might serve her (and her
users) much better.

*See Todd Fahrner's article for more on font size keywords in CSS:
http://www.alistapart.com/stories/sizematters/

Cheers,
-kb

Kevin W. Bishop   >   bishopk at rpi.edu
Communication & Collaboration Technologies
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
      RPInfo: http://www.rpi.edu/rpinfo/
      Kiosk: http://j2ee.rpi.edu:8080/kiosk/setup.do