[WEB4LIB] launching executables within a browser

Reeder Norm Reeder.Norm at mail.ci.torrance.ca.us
Wed Jul 17 13:24:42 EDT 2002

When networked CD-ROM's were the vogue, we used "w3launch", which still
shows up on a Google search.  Like some of the other programs described, the
actual launch scripts are on the server so it keeps security tight.  Handled
anything we wanted back then.  You created URL's that called a w3launch
file, which then went to the server and launched the real w3launch script.
It was free ware.

Thanks
Norm Reeder
Torrance Public Library