[WEB4LIB] Re: Remote Access Solution?

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Wed Jul 17 09:50:53 EDT 2002

The original setup for EZProxy had each user session using a different
four digit port in a range I've already forgotten.  Naturally, users
behind corporate or other firewalls had those ports blocked and
couldn't access the resources they wanted.  In the last six months or
so a new version of EZProxy allows you to handle all traffic on port
80, so the firewall problems go away.  We've had no complaints about
access problems behind firewalls since that time.

As to keeping things up to date regarding our resources, we leave that
up to the fine folks at TDNet.  As part of our TDNet service we
receive a new ezproxy.cfg file each week.  They spin it off from their
records of our holdings, so we only have to replace it each Monday to
give the users the latest access.

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA