[WEB4LIB] Hacking Linux websites

Andrew I. Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Tue Jul 23 11:13:17 EDT 2002

One point that was not mentioned but would be worth someone's time to
explore is a comparison of the severity of the hack of a Linux box versus
a Windows box. The typical IIS hack is often indicative of someone who has
full control over the Windows OS.I doubt that occurs to the same degree
with Linux simply due to the nature of the OS. But it would be worth
exploring. What is not new news is that administrators who don't keep
their servers patched are going to pay for it.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI