[WEB4LIB] Rough Price

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Mon Jul 1 19:12:07 EDT 2002

In addition to the comments already posted, with which I agree in
general, there is the cost of disposal.  In many communities it is
illegal to dump computer equipment, as it is hazardous waste.  In our
community it costs ten dollars per CPU unit and ten dollars per
monitor to dispose of the items.  Even if your community doesn't have
a fee for disposal of electronic equipment, it isn't very responsible
to just haul the old stuff to the dump.

You may find that it is less expensive to give the items away than it
is to pay the fee to dispose of them.  Naturally, YMMV.

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA