Experience with Matrix screens?

Catherine Buck Morgan catherine at leo.scsl.state.sc.us
Mon Jan 14 17:59:48 EST 2002

We have installed Gateway Profile 3s in our new training center. They
have the 15.0" XGA TFT Active Matrix screens.

We've been concerned about the users' treatment of these screens. As I'm
sure you've noticed, people touch their monitor screens all the time
(!), some more than others. It's esp. frustrating when there are extra
oils on the hands from lotions. Not only that, but I've even removed ink
from screens.

For now, we've left the protective shield over the screens (applied for
protection during shipping). There's some glare, but not too much.

My question is, are we being too cautious? How much "abuse" can these
screens take? Any other helpful hints?

TIA,
--Catherine.

--
Catherine Buck Morgan
Automation Librarian
EMAIL: catherine at leo.scsl.state.sc.us
Phone: 803.734.8651 Fax 803.734.4757
Home page: http://www.state.sc.us/scsl/
Web catalog: http://www.state.sc.us/scsl/scslweb/welcome.html

The opinions stated herein are not necessarily those of SCSL.