Customizable library portals--recent experiences?

Walt_Crawford at notes.rlg.org Walt_Crawford at notes.rlg.org
Mon Jan 14 10:44:50 EST 2002

If you have any recent experiences with customizable library portals--using
them, setting them up, seeing how they've been used--I'd love to get your
comments. ("Recent experience" probably means anything more recent than the
landmark Information Technology and Libraries article cluster in December
2000. "Customizable library portals," if you're unclear about the term, are
services like MyLibrary at NCState and My Gateway at the University of
Washngton.)

1. Any *quick* comments--ones that reach me by the end of the day on
Thursday, January 17--would help me participate semi-intelligently in the
MARS Hot Topics Discussion Group session at Midwinter (Saturday,
11:30-12:30, Fairmont Hotel, Explorer's Room).

2. Any comments that reach me by the following Thursday (January 24) might
be useful in a possible "Crawford Files" column for American Libraries. (If
you'd rather not be quoted by name, please indicate that.)

Thanks for whatever help you can provide!
-walt crawford, wcc at notes.rlg.org